Monday, October 11, 2010

Epitaph

Such glorious youth, wasted.
Love poured forth from you,
But did it evade you?
Your passing evokes emotions, visceral, raw.


I dare not do the same, though thoughts arise.
Those close to me, I'm not ready to depart.
Our ships sail rocky seas, as of late.
They're out of sight, from drenching rains.


Alas, I love them so.
My dream is to calm our waters,
To sail together again, as before.
But I am not the one likely to expire.


It's not too late, yet.
Though time passes ever swiftly.
My own youth, I've wasted,
Playing Hide & Seek with Fate.


I must act, repair our leaking hulls.
For one knows not when life will be blown out.
These days are sullen, filled with grief,
But things as these never fail to make one think.


For Joey Braun, whose life brought joy to others.


God rest his soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment